Department of English
- The objective of English Department at G.M. Abad College is to cultivate understanding, knowledge and appreciation of the English language, its speakers and writers, and its literatures and cultures. Such that students and department members use the language creatively, critically and effectively to participate ethically in civic and professional life.
- To teach communication skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing at all levels from basic to graduate.
- To encourage a socio- humanistic outlook.
- To strengthen research skills and to faster a positive attitude towards research that will provide useful information in field of English studies.
- To promote expertise in skills involving analysis, interpretation and evaluation.
- The specific strategies we use to achieve these goals include:
- The close reading of texts in lectures, presentations and small group discussions;
- The writing of analytical and other kinds of essays.