Department of English
Click to view English Online Lectures
Head of Department
News (View all)
Women Cricket matches 2022, were organized by “Central Punjab Cricket Association", under the supervision of HED department in the collaboration with PCB.
Cricket teams of Faisalabad Jhang, Chiniot and Toba Tek Singh participated and Alhamdulillah the cricket team of our college won the trophy and became champions of tournament.
achieving 1st position in English Debate Competition among all Private and Government (boys and girls) CollegesThanks to Allah Almighty for giving us amazing and Splendid Success. Alhamdulillah. We have won the stage by achieving 1st position in English Debate Competition among all Private and Government (boys and girls) Colleges of Faisalabad Division. Its really a great accomplishment of hard work.
Alhamdulillah, Letter of appreciation and Shields from Higher Education Department Punjab and Director of Education Colleges Faisalabad Division on securing first position regarding the competition of “Beautification of Colleges".
Government College University has announced the result of first Annual Examination 2021 of ADA and Alhamdulillah, the student of college win laurels by achieving 3rd position in University. Congratulations to our dignitary Principal and Staff members for this eventual and paramount success.
The admissions of 3rd year has been started in our college, w.e.f. 15-11-2021.
First year admissions has been started in our college, w.e.f. 01-11-2021 and will remained open till the end of november.
Our student Rimsha from 2nd year got 2nd position in urdu speech competition which was held in Govt College for Women peoples colony on 16th November 2020 in the celebration of Shan-e-Rahmat-ul-Aalamin by (PBUH)
Mega achievements of our college. Alhamdullilah our student, Gul Mubeen got 3rd position in English Essay writing competition held under Anti corruption department at Government College for Women Kharkhana Bazar. Again our student got 2nd position in English declamation contest held under Anti corruption department at Government College for Women Kharkhana Bazar. It is the result of preparation, hard work,learning, devotion and dedication. Great achievements are the results of great expectations Mashallah.
Fee for students who get 600/above marks will be collected on 26/10/2020.
All Students must bring their original documents along with fee
Admission Fee will be collected from 09:AM to 12: PM.
All Students Must bring their original documents along with fee.
Admission forms for 1st year class will be received from September 28,2020.
Students will attend college according to the schedule pasted on notice board so that SOP,s must be followed
After a long period of 6 months college will reopen w.e.f on 15-09-2020 because educational institutes remained closed due to Covid-19 since March ,2020
The College will Remain closed with effect from 14-03-2020 to 05-04-2020 on account of Corona Virus.
Another marvelous achievement by our student Natasha Sadiq from 1st year (session 2019-2020) got 1st position in Naat competition at Shiblee College for women (Gulberg Campus)
- The objective of English Department at G.M. Abad College is to cultivate understanding, knowledge and appreciation of the English language, its speakers and writers, and its literatures and cultures. Such that students and department members use the language creatively, critically and effectively to participate ethically in civic and professional life.
- To teach communication skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing at all levels from basic to graduate.
- To encourage a socio- humanistic outlook.
- To strengthen research skills and to faster a positive attitude towards research that will provide useful information in field of English studies.
- To promote expertise in skills involving analysis, interpretation and evaluation.
- The specific strategies we use to achieve these goals include:
- The close reading of texts in lectures, presentations and small group discussions;
- The writing of analytical and other kinds of essays.